Monday, May 24, 2010

The Dress, Part 3

And finally, the dress has been chosen. After laboriously hitting every boutique on the Upper West Side along with 4 different BCBGs and all the various department stores in the tri-state area looking for the purple, rouched, taffetta dress that was shown in my last blog, I found out that it's officially out of stock. But fear not. The dress goddesses intervened, and I came across a one-of-a-kind navy cocktail dress. It's Laundry by Shelli Segal, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet to post a link for you, my readers. It's not on the Laundry website, nor is it on the Lord and Taylor one, which is where I got it. I am dying to share my find with all of you, but you will have to wait until I can take a picture of it myself.

It's a shiny, navy blue with a strapless, sweetheart top, and the skirt part is layered with what looks like Spanish style fans, only they are upside down. They are relatively small and there are about seven layers of them going all around the skirt portion, which stops about two inches above the knees. According to my mom, it looks like something one would find on the red carpet (sans the famous celebrity wearing it and the $5 million bank account the owner would possess). Needless to say, it's exquisite, it's flattering, it will look lovely next to Sandy's Perriwinkle blue gown, and I will get much use out of it.

Now the shoe hunt begins. Stay tuned. I'm thinkng bone pumps, a la Laboutin, but with Suzanne-friendly prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment